BARCELONA, Spain — Jan. 23, 2017 TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced the AC2800 WLAN MU-MIMO Telefon DSL Router Archer VR2800v. Powered with a Broadcom Dual Core 1GHz CPU, it is equipped to exceed the internet standards of tomorrow. Along with the latest innovations in their smartphone, smart home, and home networking portfolios, the Archer VR2800v will be unveiled at winter's Mobile World Congress, which will run from Feb. 27-Mar. 2 in Barcelona, and will be available by spring 2017.
As more users continue to move towards more internet-based communication and entertainment, demand increases for a powerful, fast and stable network for multiple devices. By delivering the latest in VDSL, Wi-Fi and VoIP capabilities, the Archer VR2800v serves every modern home with the single-most advanced modem router in the world.
Designed for the Future
Recognizing the need to deliver faster internet speeds, service providers continuously search for and develop more robust ways to satisfy their clients. Among these developments is VDSL 35b (Super VDSL), transmitting internet connection speeds of up to 350Mbps, 3.5x faster than its VDSL2 predecessor, and will be widely adopted across Europe, with by Germany's No. 1 ISP Deutsche Telekom and Italy's No. 2 ISP Fastweb set to adopt this technology in the coming quarters. In addition, Reference Noise Cancellation delivers a 15% more stable DSL signal. The Archer VR2800v harnesses both technologies now to ensure the home with the internet capabilities of the future.
Highly Evolved Wi-Fi for Everyone
Imagine a home in which every smartphone, tablet and laptop can stream hours of highest-definition video, surpass levels of an online game, and post instantly, wherever they are. The Archer VR2800v makes this a reality, delivering 2.8Gbps of dual band Wi-Fi, loaded with buffer-breaking advancements. 600Mbps of 2.4GHz is perfect for web browsing, emailing, and video chatting. For faster applications, 2167Mbps of 5GHz on 802.11ac wave 2 uses NitroQAMTM(1024QAM) and 4-Stream technology for 25% increased wireless performance. 4×4 MU-MIMO sends 4x faster Wi-Fi to all connected devices, and beamforming allows for wider, targeted wireless coverage. The result: multiple wireless devices simultaneously accessing 4K streaming and gaming without buffering, lag or interruption.
Unleashed VoIP Capabilities
As a DECT base station, the Archer VR2800v simultaneously connects up to six DECT handsets or CAT-iq 2.0 phones, as well as two analog telephones. With the TP-Link tpPhone app, replace DECT handsets and make VoIP calls with a smartphone. To save important messages, records over 540 minutes of voicemail with 512MB of internal storage.
"With a faster, stronger and more stable internet connection needed by multiple devices at the same time, the home needs a simple, all-inclusive solution for these advanced needs," said Kevin Wang, Head of TP-Link Europe."Our Archer VR2800v offers a single, powerful device, so that the home user can simply connect as fast as possible, rest assured with a device made for the future of home internet."
- AC2800 dual band with 4-Stream technology delivers up to 2800Mbps* Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (600Mbps), and 5GHz (2167Mbps) bands
- 4×4 MU-MIMO technology enables Wi-Fi for every device with multi-user support
- Powerful 1GHz dual-core CPU and co-processors maintain high-speed connections without interruption
- VDSL 35b delivers DSL internet connection speeds of up to 350Mbps, 3.5x faster than VDSL2
- RNC technology increases DSL signal stability by 15%
- Beamforming technology sends targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- DECT base station allows up to six DECT handsets or CAT-iq 2.0 phones and two analog phones
- TP-Link tpPhone app enables your smartphone as a DECT
- Record over 540 minutes of voicemail with 512MB of internal storage
- Four high-performance antennas supercharge your Wi-Fi signal
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports enable lightning-fast wired connections
- Two USB 3.0 ports share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- Connect 3G/4G adapter to USB port for internet backup
- Ethernet WAN supports cable and fiber optic modems
- Parental Controls help set time limits and block websites to keep children safe
- Guest Network provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Use the TP-Link Tether app to check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your Android or iOS device
- VPN Server enables a secure connection between your private networks and the internet
- tpCloud enables access automatic firmware updates and remote control of your router from afar
- Supports 802.11ac and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n