BARCELONA, Spain — Jan. 23, 2017 TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today introduced new additions to their growing family of products for the Smart Home, including a smart range extender and home security devices. Along with the latest innovations in their smartphone, smart home and home networking portfolios, the new Smart Home products will be unveiled at winter's Mobile World Congress, which will run from Feb. 27-March 2 in Barcelona, and will be available in Spanish retailers by Spring 2017.
With the rapid growth of home automation and the IoT, intuitive and user-friendly devices are necessary for users to learn and master these powerful technologies. TP-Link's first offerings in the Smart Home category — Wi-Fi Smart Plug, Switch and Light Bulb — were met with wide acclaim for their functionality and ease of use, with the Kasa app providing simple configuration and control through an iOS® or Android® mobile device. Following this success, these new additions will continue to make the connected lifestyle easier through the expanding TP-Link Smart Home system, with a Wi-Fi router/hub serving as the heart to bring all devices together.
Meet the TP-Link Smart Home with Kasa
The concept of the smart home ushered intuitive gadgets for every room. In order for these devices to be configured and managed, a central smart home hub was necessary to set schedules and behaviors to the user's needs. But as technology has progressed, the central hub of our everyday lives has become the smartphone. TP-Link brings the solutions of the smart home to this personal device with Kasa, an app that allows users to control all of their smart home products anywhere, anytime. Check real-time appliance status, turn devices on or off immediately or by a custom schedule, and even monitor energy consumption. With Kasa, control your smart home from the palm of your hand.
An All-in-One Smart Router
Nearly every TP-Link Smart Device is easily controllable through mobile devices alone, but for other smart home products, an IoT hub is essential for full management of every device. To communicate with every smart device now and tomorrow, the AC1900 Smart Home Router with Touchscreen SR20 is a fast, user-friendly hub and advanced Wi-Fi router in a single device. It controls and allows communication between all TP-Link Smart Home products, as well as ZigBee and Z-Wave devices through a smartphone, tablet or the router’s user-friendly touchscreen. Powered by a 1GHz dual-core processor, it delivers AC1900 class Wi-Fi performance on 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) and 2.4GHz (up to 600Mbps) bands, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 port enable versatile connectivity at blazing speeds. As a robust all-in-one device, the SR20 enables home lights to automatically turn on when users arrive, set the thermostat to desired temperatures and keep the home safe, all while delivering a fast, stable whole-home network.
Real-Time Safety and Security
One of the most critical applications that benefits from home automation is an integrated security system. TP-Link offers incredible tools to keep personal property and family safe. For real-time monitoring, the HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450 gives homeowners live access and control, even when away from home, through the tpCamera app. Even when away from the screen, motion and sound detection will immediately send email or FTP notifications. In addition, the Contact Sensor CS100 monitors and alert of the opening and closing of doors and windows, as well as knocking and kicking, while the Motion Sensor MS100 detects movement and ambient light. Both ZigBee-supported products are battery-powered and use non-invasive installation for easy, flexible deployment.
Eureka! Lights are Brighter Than Ever
Light is as essential as it is changeable, from the bright white at the office desk, to the warm glow of a nightstand lamp. TP-Link's line of Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulbs give full control over home lighting. All models include simple setup, On/Off scheduling and compatibility with Amazon Alexa. The LB100 and 110 feature a dimmable light to adjust the LED's brightness to best fit the lighting need. The LB120's tunable while light can adjust brightness as well as color temperature to enable the LED to shine between fluorescent and incandescent, and an intuitive Circadian Mode naturally wakes the user for a refreshing start to the day. Also with Circadian Mode, the LB130 includes a lively color-changing feature that allows access any color in the spectrum. All TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb features can be customized through Kasa.
Fast Range Extender with Built-In Smart Plug
TP-Link has integrated their heritage of industry-leading networking into their Smart Plugs into the combined AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender with Smart Plug RE270K. With 433Mbps 5GHz and 300Mbps 2.4GHz, it connects to any Wi-Fi router to expand a wireless network with up to 733Mbps of 11ac Wi-Fi, while a Gigabit Ethernet port helps set up wired devices in more areas of the home. It also contains all the functionality of the Smart Plug, including control and monitoring of plugged in devices and scheduling outlet actions, such as setting On/Off times for a connected home appliance, through Kasa.
The Future of Smart Life is Yours through TP-Link
With a spirit of innovation and quality, every TP-Link Smart Home device is built with a proven heritage of excellence. Every product is developed, tested and optimized to ensure user satisfaction, which is TP-Link's top priority. As home automation becomes a growing part of modern living, TP-Link is committed to extending this priority with an expanding portfolio of useful tools to make the smart home a reality for every user.
"It's clear that, although once a vision of tomorrow, the smart home is an active reality today," said Andy Chen, Director of International Business at TP-Link. "Advancing both the possibilities and ease-of-use of the smart devices is the mission at TP-Link, and these latest products will embrace both those familiar and new to the world of the smart home."
Key Features of the TP-Link Smart Home Series
AC1900 Smart Home Router with Touch Screen SR20
- Up to 1900Mbps* Wi-Fi speed (N600 + AC1300) for clear and uninterrupted 4K HD streaming and gaming
- Compatible with TP-Link Smart Home devices and ZigBee and Z-Wave smart devices
- Integrated 4.3-inch touch display in full color for easy control
- Maximize Wi-Fi coverage for multiple devices with dual band antennas and advanced amplifiers
- 1GHz dual-core processor maintains faster speeds for all of your networking needs at home or the office
- Control your connected home or office anytime, anywhere using the free Kasa app, available for iOS® and Android® devices
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
- Pan and tilt functionalities allow you to secure a larger area (up to 360° horizontally and 150° vertically)
- 720p HD resolution provides sharper, clearer, crisper images
- Automatic night vision mode supports 24-hour surveillance at ranges of up to 26 feet
- Advanced H.264 compression ensures high-quality streaming video without hogging bandwidth
- Motion & Sound Detection provides immediate email or FTP notifications
- Built-in microphone and speaker provide clear two-way audio communication
- 300Mbps 2.4GHz Wi-Fi provides signal stability and extension functionality
- tpCamera app makes setup easy and allows you to view video feeds from anywhere, at any time
- Easily install, setup and operate the camera in just a few short minutes
- Micro SD Card slot supports up to 32GB storage, allowing you to save pictures and videos
Smart LED Bulb LB100, LB110, LB120, LB130
- Simple setup with no extra hardware required
- Control lighting from anywhere with the free Kasa app on iOS® or Android®
- Save energy without sacrificing brightness, quality or comfort and monitor your energy usage
- Custom dimmable flexibility
- Turn light on and off at different times to simulate occupancy while you are away
- Circadian Mode (featured in the LB120 and LB130) wakes the user naturally
- Compatible with Android, iOS®, and Amazon Alexa®
Smart Sensor, Contact Sensor CS100 & Motion Sensor MS100
- Communicates with ZigBee HA1.2 (IAS Zone).
- Safely mounts with double-sided tape to home surfaces, without the need to drill holes
AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender with Smart Plug RE270K
- Expand your Wi-Fi reach across your home with high-speed reliability, eliminating dead zones
- Experience fast Wi-Fi at up to 433Mbps* (5GHz) and 300Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Connect and control devices anywhere, using the built-in socket and free Kasa app on iOS® or Android®
- Monitor plugged-in electrical appliances and manage access and control from anywhere
- Schedule outlet actions ahead of time for convenience and security
- Kasa app walks users through finding the perfect setup spot for extending Wi-Fi range and Smart Signal Indicator show’s signal strength in current location.
- Gigabit Ethernet port provides reliable wired internet to your smart TV, gaming console or laptop without dropping out